- To be, or not to be a Latino Author
- Mexico’s illiteracy problem is growing worse
- I'm sort of obsessed with Joss & Main, a home goods limited sale site.
- A list of the 2013 International Latino Book Awards Winners! via @mamiversebooks
- Racism on Twitter - yet again.
- Watcha Magazine is seeking advertiser. Be part of the 1st Latino Hip hop Magazine in the Nation! Shoot them an email at email@example.com.
- Moms Turn to Tech to Get Kids Access to Latino Authors via ABC News
- Podcast: 200 Years of Latino History in Philadelphia" by WHYY Public Media via soundcloud
- "The idea that larger, traditional publishing houses—like Simon & Schuster, Alfred K. Knopf and
MacMillan—are passing over Hispanic authors, despite the quality of work and incredible niche in the book market, is disappointing." via Voxxi
- Great essay: the truth about multicultural stories via the Rumpus
- Have you joined this amazing group of Latina Bloggers yet? Join on Facebook.
- Very excited about Guillermo Del Toro's book, The Strain, coming to TV. Via Screenrant I also want to catch up on the BBC miniseries, In the Flesh, that I missed. iTunes, here I come.
- A fascinating map of the world’s most and least racially tolerant countries via Washington Post
- Great read: "The Truth About Bicultural Consumers and How Marketers Are Taking Notice Cultural Identity Is Crucial and Should Be Represented in Media" via AdAge.
- FX Courts Latinos (hard) for Crime Thriller 'The Bridge' - Early screenings, Q&As in bilingual media and a multicity mural project help boost awareness among a potential Hispanic viewership of 48 million. via Hollywood Reporter.
The Future Silicon Valley: Latina Coders via SV Latino
- Simón Bolívar: The Latin American Hero Many Americans Don’t Know via Time
- Am I an ‘Immigrant Writer’? By AMIT MAJMUDAR
Well done, Bacardi!
Check out these two new projects that need your help:
2013 indigogo Video from Renzo Devia / Creador Pictures on Vimeo.