- Last Christmas, my dearest friend bought her mom her first personal computer.
- My mom recently joined Facebook and is a "friend" on the social network.
- During Easter Sunday, at my house, we all sat together in one room and everyone was online: my mom and my brother uploading photos to Facebook and my best friend and my sister showing each other photos from their respective phones. I was struck by this.
- A few days later, I was having dinner with my friend when she received the first email her mother sent from her new PC - ever! It was a great moment that I got to witness!
- The next day I was discussing getting a Spanish keyboard for my mother to use to go online by herself with my brother. She usually requires his help.
- The day after that, I happened to through Facebook a recent post, Spanish-language laptops sell like hotcakes at South Florida BrandsMart USA stores (via www.hispanictrending.net) and quickly researched it and purchased one for my mom.
It was a wrap!
The Spanish langauage laptop even has a webcam - Hello, Skype!
* Warning: Don't be surprised if my mom has her own blog up soon too!
Have you put your Mami (or papi) on to new media?